Our compensation policies embody the belief that everyone deserves respect and should share in our success. Offering competitive salaries and benefits is essential to attracting and retaining top talent, so we pay wages at or above the median rate in North Texas. Our benefits package averages approximately 30% of employees' salaries and includes:
- Medical insurance: We pay more than 80% of medical insurance costs and tier employee premiums based on their salaries. Employee-only coverage is available for less than $5 per month for those who earn under $25,000. We also subsidize health plan costs for older workers moving from full- to part-time status. We offer health plans from various insurers, including our own Texas Health Aetna plan. Our high-deductible options include a $500 Health Savings Account ($1,000 for families). With most medical plan options, employees can consult virtually with physicians 24 hours a day at no extra cost.
- Family-friendly benefits and services: We offer adoption assistance, parental leave, discounted onsite childcare, generous paid time off, backup child- and adult-care services and more.
- Retirement: We increase 401(k) retirement plan contributions based on length of employment. After 10 years of service, we contribute up to $1.25 for every $1 that employees contribute (up to 6% of their salaries).
- Education: We offer a $50/month student-loan repayment program and scholarships and reimburse tuition.
To drive pay equity, we evaluate our pay practices and programs yearly. We also conduct annual Equal Employment Opportunity Commission mock audits internally to identify and investigate concerns.
- Offered three weeks of paid parental leave to new mothers and fathers to bond with a newborn child or a placed child under 18 years of age.
- Added a student loan repayment plan to support employees making student loan payments by contributing $50 per month.
- Partnered with United Way and WorkLife Partnership, a nonprofit dedicated to economic equity and thriving workplaces, to assist employees making less than $34,000 annually. Navigators offer resources and support related to transportation, housing, health challenges and more.
- Enhanced our medical plan to cover applied behavioral analysis and enable employees to pursue second opinions for cardiac, gastrointestinal and women's health diagnoses.
- Launched a cancer support program for employees using the Texas Health Aetna plan.
- Achieved an employee satisfaction with benefits rate of 78%, down slightly from 80% in 2020.
Snapshot: Offering Relief to Our Caregivers
The pandemic has taxed our workforce. Two years of exhausting emotional and physical work have taken a toll. During this time, our leaders have supported our caregivers through kind words and actions, stress-relief programs, mental health support and more.
To ease our employees' financial burden, we paid:
- More than $3 million in bonuses to employees who could not take paid time off (PTO) due to extenuating circumstances caused by the pandemic.
- Up to 80 hours of paid time off for the 4,026 employees who tested positive for COVID-19, regardless of where they were infected.
- Nearly $220,000 to cover 7,500 hours of PTO to employees who had an unexpected medical reason to be off work and didn't have enough time off accrued.